Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A new year, a fresh start

"Just one year of love
Is better than a lifetime alone"


I'm not good at resolutions, but I definitely do need to make a few changes in my life. I feel I'm not truly being myself. I don't really know who I am. So here we go, I'm committing to one year of loving myself. And, since rules are made to be broken, I'm giving myself guidelines which I'll try to follow. I may not be able to, but that's not failure, it's a chance for tomorrow.

30 minutes of sunshine/outdoorsyness every day.
30 minutes of action (dogwalking?) every day.
30 minutes of noncomputer/nonTV leisure every day.
3 vegetarian meals a week, could be a veggie day, could be 3 dinners.
Brownbagging it. No more drivethru lunches
Go to bed before 1am, even if I can sleep in tomorrow.
Try something new every month. More often if opportunity arises.
Learn to dress like a grown-up.

I'll come back and add more as I think of them. In the spirit of starting fresh, I'm fasting tomorrow. I may keep it up into the new year, but as I've never gone without food I don't know how my body will take it. As of this moment, I'm really committing to this idea. I'm giving myself one year. For one year, I'll be good for myself.

No comments: